Thursday, July 21, 2016
I'll let them dry for a bit, wait a little while and see if I should add some more layers later. Time to pack up and pick the kids up from school.
(Top two photos of 'before' the wash, bottom three photos are shots of 'after')
Monday, July 18, 2016
More holiday pics. My sister captured this beautiful series on a sunny Thursday arvo at my grandparents. She also captured this magic moment. I couldn't help but share.
Sunday, July 17, 2016
We've had a wonderful school holidays, full of freedom and joy. This is my first full school holidays as a mum (I spent half of last holidays in Paris without children). Rather than staying at home (cause if I'm honest, the thought filled me with a little bit of dread), we spent some time house hopping between extended family. Which felt just right – and provided a rich magical experience for us all.
So many pics! –
1. Afternoon light in my sister's kitchen, overlooking the bush and water of Sydney's Northern Beaches.
2. A little painting that I left on her fridge as a thank you gift.
3. Late afternoon walks. Tess (my sis, our host for 5 whole nights! and Bluebell).
4. A smattering of shells at the dog beach.
5. Chilled out mornings, soaking in the warmth of the winter sunlight.
6-10. Are all taken at my Uncle Richard and Aunt Jayatma's amazing home and garden.
6. Cracking walnut shells open provided Osc with much entertainment.
7. Those are maggots, from a maggot farm. Yep. The kids fed some to the fish (they have a swimming pool converted into a fish farm) and weren't squeamish at all.
8. Feeding the chickens with Jayatma, Richard and their (secondish?) cousin Toby.
9-10. Corners of Richard and Jayatma's kitchen included finger limes preserved in honey (they have their own beehives), eggplant seeds drying and a large collection of fresh ginger, turmeric, native ginger and sweet potatoes all collected from their garden, in the process of being brushed clean.
11. Osc doing some woodwork with my Dad and Uncle Graeme in my parents backyard.
12. Nora with an orchid, some jonquils and dried gum leaves – treasures from my parents garden.
14. Examining a dead crab found on the sand.
16. Washing still needs to be done, even when on holidays.
17. Exploring Fagan Park in Galston.