Friday, October 14, 2016

A mermaid for Ottilie



A very long time ago, I attended a gocco printing workshop at the agnsw with my mum and sister Amy. Amy illustrated this sweet little mermaid (which ended up being featured on her daughter's first birthday invites), and printed it onto a variety of different papers and fabrics. I stole one of those prints, embroidered it with hair the same colour as my niece Ottilie's and covered it in a rainbow of chainstitch scales. Now it hangs in Ottilie's bedroom. A rather lovely collaboration, no?

Also pictured in Ottilie's bedroom, a bookshelf made by my dad (when we were children) and painted by my mum. And this felt ball.

2 comments:

  1. This is so lovely..I hope my girls complement each other as you and your sister do when they grow up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi. We have complex relationships, my sisters' and I – but truthfully we're steady friends, sometimes they're the only friends I'm still in contact with regularly as life gets busier. And sometimes we fade a little, but I can't imagine ever not having them around. We're pretty lucky.

      Delete