Thursday, March 10, 2016

MOST16







Marrickville Open Studio Trail happens for one weekend every year, coinciding with Art Month Sydney. I've never managed to make it along, even though, many of these stunning artist studios are within walking distance. This year, with the girls in tow, we scooted to a few studios and discovered so much beauty, generosity, creativity and magic hidden behind unassuming walls. We only scratched the surface of all the discovering that could be done, I'm already looking forward to next year.

1. Lisa Hoelzl of The Bakehouse and one of her pots.
2. Inside The Assembly on Sydenham Rd - a shared art space containing potters, textile designers, woodworkers and a seriously talented florist / illustrator.
3 - 6. Inside Scratch Art Space, where textile designer Georgia whipped up some magic parcels for the girls, using salt left over from a performance.
7. Wandering through Mess With It.
8. Alli Sebastian Wolf's creative space.

In completely unrelated news, I'm thinking of stopping blogging (not that I was ever that consistent anyways). Feels a bit dead out there - other bloggers have either become full-on businesses (which is great for them) or jumped over to instagram. I know there is still a few of you, but I don't know, this isn't the vibrant, exciting pastime it once was. Do you think it's time to move on? Call it quits? Or is that just me?

Ps although Hossein Derakhshan is from a totally different world to me, and used blogs in a very different way, I enjoyed this article and reading his perspective on the death of the web.

5 comments:

  1. It's a bit sad Imogen, and I hate to say it, but I think you're on the money. I'll miss you if you decide to stop x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bit slow on the uptake Kylie - think I was in denial, thought that maybe everyone would get sick of insta and return! When really this blog has been dying a slow death for a long time.

      Delete
  2. oh I am swooning over that pot from the Bakehouse.

    I'm still here, still enjoying reading your updates, and I will also miss you if you decide to stop. I think you just do what feels right.. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it gorgeous? Something about those lines, perfect in their naive simplicity.

      And thank you G, I was happy to see you post something on Maitland St. Meals, maybe I'll just update here every couple of years too! I don't think I'll be deleting this space just yet, although I may sometime in the distant future - especially as my children get older, considering how much I have shared of them on here.

      Yes, I'll just do what feels right. Good advice x

      Delete
    2. I think I'm going to keep posting, for now, gently aiming for once a month ish. It feels good to write down recipes now and then. I can understand concerns about privacy - I was very careful to keep my every day people unidentifiable to people who don't know us in real life. Sometimes its hard to find the line! x

      Delete