Monday, March 14, 2016

Bilpin + Mt Tomah











We wandered up the mountains yesterday and everything was so magical.

When I reviewed the photos I took, I knew immediately I wanted to share them here. So here I am, back again, after my dramatic declaration, only a few days ago that I would be blogging no longer. I began blogging without an audience - and with no idea about the blogging community out there, so just because all the fanfare has died down, doesn't really mean I should quit. It really is a personal diary of sorts. Just a public personal one. Taking Georgina's advice, I'll just blog when I feel like it (which is what I do anyway), maybe aiming for once a month or so ... more or less! Maybe sometimes only a couple of times a year.

Anyways, we went apple picking at Pine Crest Orchard, where we filled our baskets with jonathons (which as they don't survive well in cold storage, you are unlikely to find in your supermarket anymore) and quinces. We arrived early - not too long after it opened and by the time we left, round 11ish, the place was packed. So if you head up, then definitely get there early. Afterwards we went straight to the Botanic Gardens for a picnic and an explore. So much wonder and love for those gardens, AMAZING! I'll definitely head back come spring to see all the bulbs.

ps in photo two that's Iris with my mum. In the photo with The Bower, Nora and Iris are pictured with their bisabuela, who they call sisa.

10 comments:

  1. these are just gorgeous! sounds like a perfect day! {i wanted to say blogging has to do with one's motivation for doing so in the first place... }

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Jandi. I'm a bit slow to figure these things out sometimes.

      Delete
  2. Blogging is so different from when I started reading blogs at the end of high school. They've gotten so business-y. I enjoy reading your posts when they appear, though. :) Sometimes I feel like starting one so I have more room for the words than instagram, but it feels a little silly when I know no one will read it. I would like having the personal record, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you start you're own blog then I'll read it Megan! I'm sure you have some awesome things to share and stories to tell. Even if no-one else reads it maybe do it for yourself anyway.

      For me it's about the ability to group pictures to tell a story rather than the single shot flash you get on insta. That and more words, but I'm a bit clunky with my words so not so fussed there!

      Delete
  3. What an absolutely gorgeous place! Wow! I would be in heaven there. And I totally feel you on the blogging front. I feel very strange writing again, but it is sort of cathartic for me in its own way... although the community aspect I loved so much has seemed to fall away, it feels good to just take it at my own pace. And so glad that you've decided to stick around! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the community is still there - just not quite as strong. It is sort of cathartic though, you're right. :)

      Delete
  4. I really love this collection of pictures - an interesting palette of textures and colours... My flatmate is an artist and often paints collections of flowers. She will bring home little sprigs of plants - flowers, or seed pods, or berries - that interest her and leave them on the kitchen table for a while. It's always interesting to see what she manages to find. You might be interested in her work actually - http://www.nicolahansby.com/gallery.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G, thank you for sharing. Nicola's work is gorgeous and so very inspiring. x

      Delete
  5. We're planning to go apple picking at Bilpin this long weekend, if weather permits. The botanical gardens look so lovely, may have to stop there too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had such a wonderful day up there. Hope the sun is shining for you and you have a lovely weekend Trish. x

      Delete