Friday, January 1, 2016

Hello January.





This was my favourite New Years to date. No fanfare or parties (not that I've been doing that for awhile), simply a late evening walk as a family of five. We played at a deserted park for an hour or so, then wandered up a hill to a vantage point where we could watch the early fireworks.

Today was restful. No goals were made or met, no intentions set. We pottered about at home and walked up the street for lunch.

Happy 2016 all. May it be a peaceful one.

photos: new calendar and finally framed and hung, the Sarah Sedwick oil painting that I won from Trishie YEARS ago (yes, once upon a time I WON AN OIL PAINTING) //  #onthekitchenwindowsill // gone to seed, celery and radish // mortgage brokers in our backyard

5 comments:

  1. Wishing you a beautiful 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New year Imogen.
    I've ordered that weed calendar - is it as beautiful as I think it will be?
    Your Gocco is sitting next to me as I type (taking up a good third of my desk!)
    I will definitely, absolutely, no doubt about it(!) post it on Monday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The calendar is absolutely gorgeous. Matilda Julian is certainly a talented artist. And YAY! Thanks Kylie x

      Delete
    2. Hi Im,
      I posted your Gocco today. You will have to sign for it I'm afraid - as it would be a bit pricey to buy, I thought it better to err on the safe-side to make sure you receive it (sorry if that makes it a pain for you). It is quite big and heavy - just a heads-up if you need to take kiddos with you to pick it up. I hope you have fun with it and send me a print sometime...
      Received my weed calendar yesterday. Matilda's paintings are amazing. Saving up for the real Mc Coy ;)
      x

      Delete
    3. Kylie, I picked it up from the post office this morning. Can't thank you enough. (: Really looking forward to fiddling with it and figuring it all out. And of course I'll be sending some prints your way! xxx

      Delete