Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Printing at The Rizzeria

Last week, I was introduced to The Rizzeria, a not-for-profit co-op, which enables anyone to self-publish/print their own works. Our print session was guided by Miss Helen, an artist, designer, riso printing expert and volunteer. What a revelation! My head is brimming with ideas, and I can't wait to visit again.

Bettina, another Helen and I spent a lovely two hours marvelling over their beautiful space in Surry Hills, filled with an eclectic collection of inspiring posters, zines, tea towels and art. Oh, and we printed our collaborative 'Slow and Sparkly' colouring book. Now we just have to meet up, trim, collate and organise wire binding - before distributing the books to members of our online sketch group. After which, I look forward to spending a lazy evening colouring in.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Imogen, speaking of printing, I have a complete Goco printing kit (vintage, but in great nick,still in box with all parts except ink and bulbs, but you can still buy those). It has been gathering dust in our shed for yonks! At least five years! I bought it for peanuts in an oppy. I'm never (ever!) going to use it. I'd like it to go to a nice home. Yours? If you'd like it email your address and I'll pop it in the post x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg Kylie! Yes! Of course. Email me imogeneve@gmail.com and I'll let you know my address. If you want to give me your bank deets, I'll reimburse you for postage - or pay you for the gocco itself. x

      Delete