Tuesday, December 2, 2014

A crib quilt for Emily




Made for an old and very dear friend's daughter. When I found the vintage South African airways fabric in my mum's extensive fabric stash, I knew it'd be perfect. It's for her to either take to the park for picnic time, or snuggle under when those chilly Canberra winters hit. When she's a bit older, it can be a lap quilt while reading her favourite books or watching a good movie.

I chose the fabrics and pieced ... but ran out of time, with Iris a newborn and Osc and Nora running round, so my mum, very generously finished it. Sorry, the photos are poor and don't show the intricate hand quilting my mum did, outlining elements of the panel in variegated pastel thread.

Beautiful little Emily Joan, I hope you enjoy it!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. ..what a special treasure for Emily Joan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm sure this will be so treasured. Xx

    ReplyDelete