Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Coriander and cashew nut pesto




Rodge, in his impatience, decided to cull my coriander plants from the backyard, to make way for his oxheart tomatoes (which he has been talking about ALL winter, and to be honest I think I'm looking forward to just as much as him). I did have plans to let them go to seed first, but oh well.

So Nora, Oscar and I made pesto, of course. It was either pesto or chimichurri, but pesto is a little less labour intensive.

My method:

Get all your ingredients lined up - cashew nuts, grated parmesan cheese, garlic cloves, olive oil and coriander. Then add a little of each. Blend (we only have a stick blender). Keep adding and blending alternately. Make sure to taste and adjust flavours as you go. Easy.

Enjoy on toast with poached egg for breakfast, scooped onto an avocado for lunch, then mixed through your pasta for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment