Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Stills










This year I've decided to do a monthly selection for the stills series (I hope you don't mind Em). These are the images that sum up my January.

1  I started this year sooo optimistic. It is the year that I'm not pregnant, that my oldest starts preschool – meaning I have a few hours every week with only two children. It is a year filled with so much possibility. I wrote out some basic resolutions with my breakfast. And so far, this month, I have not kept a single one. Onwards to February!
2   My dad's delicious tomatoes, in his vegie patch.
3   Swimming with grandad aka Toes.
4   Frangipani. The scent of Sydney in January.
5   My sis Aym and my niece Ottilie. Exxopolis was a highlight this month, it was wonderful watching Nora's absolute delight.
6   Neon succulent.
7   A little something I started after an inspiring workshop with Alfalky. It was meant to be for Dad for his birthday, but it wasn't finished on time. I'll share properly once I complete it.
8   My dad sharing secrets with Osc before they blow out his birthday the candles together.
9   Oscar ready to help, by my dad's vegie patch.
10   Nora's handiwork. My poor Iris. Luckily she seems to have a pretty good sense of humour already.
11   The neat part of my embroidery thread collection. I'm hoping I'll spend some more time doing this in February. And that maybe I'll pull out my watercolours. I have so many ideas rattling round in my head.
12   The last two days of January saw Oscar start preschool. Nora promptly took over his bed for her naps.

Linking with the rather clever Em.


10 comments:

  1. Your Dad's veggie patch looks pretty amazing...all kids love helping in the garden. loved the photo with all the plastic insects....cute. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane, Australia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty amazing. He has this book on square foot gardening that he follows religiously.

      Delete
  2. Fab! That smile is definitely full of good natured humour! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, beautiful embroidery threads, so ordered, so delightful, just begging to be used. After my dear lovely organised my threads, I came to realise that sadly I don't have enough primary in my life, must remedy that soon.
    We visited Exxopolis a few years back when Ilo was a baby, so much fun and what a great photo op.
    Loved your stills, especially the plastic insect baby pic, too gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got such a kick out of your stills this week-- The Bugs on your sweet Iris as she happily coos is hilariously adorable & I flat don't even make resolutions in January because it seems as if I just immediately ignore them & eat pounds of sugar in rebellion....and I am beginning to get my embroidery threads detangled just this week... & OH, the pic of your Dad & Oscar melts my heart...I love it all! Hope for many more delights for you! Loads of love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I never bother with diet resolutions - that'd just be setting myself up for failure. My resolutions simply involved things like going to bed earlier. Which reminds me ... goodnight!

      Delete
  5. I love that stance on Nora by the pool!!...hehe. that shot has made my day! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's all attitude and she isn't even two. Seriously.

      Delete
  6. Yes, that stance cracked me up too. Those bugs and that face, priceless. Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just left a comment but I'm not sure its worked. Anywho! Love this series and your beautiful photos. That cheeky bum with all the attitude is the best : ) xx Evie

    ReplyDelete