Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Christmas

I didn't take many photos over Christmas – and none on the eve or day itself. Here are a couple things I did capture from our little Summer break.





1. Our Christmas tree. It needed these, but I never got around to printing any out. 
2. One needs a green sparkly beard to make wrapping paper.
3. Favourite bromeliad at my parents' place.
4. I finally made my children stockings this year. I was so, so excited!
5. Shelly Beach. The three figures walking up the beach are Rodge, Osc and Rodge's sister Marcia, who is visiting from London.

10 comments:

  1. Lovely stockings! Found this space a couple weeks, have been enjoying it very much. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan. Just popped over to your flickr photostream, it is marvellous and rather inspiring.

      Delete
  2. great pics!.....that beach shot is so fab and so summer!....happy 2014!...love Al x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so summer, the essence of christmas. Happy 2014 x

      Delete
  3. Oh well done on the stocking front. I pulled out the fabric and the sewing machine ready to throw something together but my list of to-do's go to long and stockings got culled. Next year!
    LOVE the green slime face pic, but it fills me with dread (green paint all over my house) hopefully i can get brave like you and let my little boy play like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only took me 4 years to get the stockings done!

      As for painting, its easiest to strip 'em naked and be prepared to chuck 'em in the shower.

      Delete
  4. That sailboat fabric is truly divine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It absolutely is! Vintage barkcloth. I'm hoping that these stockings will be passed onto the next generation one day.

      Delete
  5. oh look at that gorgeous sparkly beard, great shots. oh and it's been lovely hanging out with you in the world of pinterest, i feel like we are chatting about these beautiful things over a cup of tea! xxx j

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jay. So many wonderful inspiring things. x (And now I'm off too pin some more!)

      Delete