Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The Santa Photo

Four years ago, for Oscar's first christmas, I decided to take him to get a photo taken with Santa. Rather than heading to the local supermarket, we headed into the city to David Jones. A mini adventure of sorts. So the tradition began.

Every year the photo is a little more disastrous than the last. This year only Iris smiled at Santa. I sat beside Santa with Nora and Oscar on my lap – the only way I could convince them to get anywhere near him. The end result looks like a very strange family photo, with Santa the father!

Maybe I need to do a little prep work before the next photo – take out the previous years photos and discuss.

Tell me do your children get photos taken with Santa? Do they like Santa?

ps Osc asked him for a firetruck.

1 comment:

  1. :) Our santa photos have gotten better but have now hit a road block as Gabby does not want him even to look at her.
    Maybe next year she'll be better.

    --- Thank you for your comment on my blog, I do feel the same, I focus on the moment not what I want to show, I before I had let so many moments get ruined as I tried to get that perfect shot, but recently I have just snapped, snapped away later looking back at all the images.
    Do it its amazing how much your kids grow week to week, part of me wants to do the 365 project but we shall have to see.

    ReplyDelete