Monday, November 4, 2013

Luna Park





On Saturday morning I woke up with a fierce desire to take the children up a ferris wheel (I blame 'Little Ted's Big Adventure'). I dismissed the thought as I surveyed the mess that was home and the contents of the laundry. When Rodge stumbled out of bed a couple of hours later (we attempt to take it in turns to sleep in on weekends without plans), he said, "So what do you want to do today?" I may have rolled my eyes grumpily and gestured to the increasing mess surrounding me. He may have rolled his eyes back. Coffee was made. Rodge began a second breakfast for the kidlets and I crazily thought about the ferris wheel.

Rodge said to me "I want to go to Luna Park".
"Sorry?"
"I think we should go to Luna Park"
I looked at him, amazed. "Did I say that aloud?"
"What?"
"Did I mention the ferris wheel before?"
"No." He looked at me like I was bonkers.
"Well, I've been thinking about it all morning."

So we went. We had fun. All five of us went up the ferris wheel. And you know what, the mess at home didn't go anywhere, but that didn't matter!


4 comments:

  1. Ah, that's SO good!! Glad you all went and had a great time. Messes can always wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Messes can always wait. Sometimes I need to be reminded of that ... plus my mum came round Monday morning and helped drastically reduce my laundry pile!

      Delete
  2. Oh your post made me smile with your internal dialoguing and beautiful images, looks like a gorgeous day. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always having little arguments with myself right now, about what I should be doing and what I want to do. It was a gorgeous day. x

      Delete