Friday, July 19, 2013

Flowers







A photo overload, simply because I'm always taking too many pictures of flowers. I should have continued with my flowers for Friday tradition from last year. I could have added many more!

1 Native Green Hood Orchid (discovered on this walk).   2 Jasmine, signalling that it is soon to be Spring, one of the few plants in our yard that isn't a weed!   3 I have no idea what this furry pom-pom plant is called (in my parents' garden).   4 Strongly scented white jonquils (in my parents' garden).   5 A childhood favourite, Snowdrops, those delicate green dots make me swoon (in my parents' garden).

4 comments:

  1. loving your botanical images...makes me want to do some embroidery :) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely idea! Now I feel like doing a little embroidery too.

      Delete
  2. There's no such thing as too many flower pics in my opinion Imogen. The Native Green Hood Orchid is beautiful and I love Snowdrops and Jonquils too. When we lived in Melbourne my husband would buy me bunches and bunches of them (mmmm, their perfume filled our little house) - they were so cheap, sadly not so here in Perth (everything's expensive here. sigh)
    Today on the spur of the moment I popped into a proper florist and bought myself a bunch of flowers. I spent $45 on flowers(!) just for me, and just because. I've plonked them in the hallway - they've made me feel so happy. best 45 bucks I've spent in ages! Have a nice weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely to have had a home filled with jonquils (and how romantic of your man).

      Just the thought of buying myself a $45 bunch of flowers makes me feel happy! I shall have to do so soon (:

      Delete