Thursday, June 20, 2013

This is my suburb*: The Magic Yellow Bus


These photos were taken back in Summer, before Nora started walking – just look at those thighs!

One of our favourite free local activities is the Magic Yellow Bus. It is a roaming outdoor playgroup, which visits a different park everyday of the week. There are always a large range of rotating activities set up, including painting, playdough, a baby toys mat, obstacle courses, ball sports, and dress ups. We visit it only sporadically, but it always makes for a very happy morning.

*Technically, these photos aren't taken in my suburb, but a neighbouring one, however, as the Magic Yellow Bus is an initiative of my local council, I figured it could be included in the series.

8 comments:

  1. Adorable!
    www.rosesjaunes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to go to the Magic Yellow Bus in Marrickville every week. Such a great service!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those chubby baby legs in the first photo!!!
    I've never heard of the Magic Yellow Bus - such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The magic yellow bus saved me in the early days with my two. I can see you're at Tilman Park...one of my favourite parks in the inner west.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tilman Park is one of my favourites as well, the shade of the Casuarina's always provides a welcome relief in Summer and it isn't as crowded as some of the other bus locations.

      Delete
  5. ooo I LOVE the idea of a magic yellow bus. Id like it even better if there was one for us mums to make and do stuff too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a good idea. A mobile outdoor crafting station for adults. I'd be there!

      Delete
  6. So fabulous! I must try to make one of the days! I still can't get over how wonderful playgroup is... since there weren't any where we lived in france.

    ReplyDelete