Saturday, June 1, 2013

Saturday Morning






Rodge needed time and peace this morning, so I imposed upon my lil sis and spent half the day with her (sorry Tess, for eating into your study time). Tess and her man, Joe, made us the most delicious scrambled eggs with cherry tomatoes and chorizo and provided endless babycinos and coffee. We wandered to Eveleigh markets, and upon return had a brief, impromptu drawing session. Then to top it all off, Tess sent me home with the most beautiful bunch of foliage from the garden.

ps the Thank You cards are ones that Tess has illustrated to send out after her wedding. She decided they were a little too plain, so marbled them all! I think they are gorgeous.

Similar days – here and here and here!

10 comments:

  1. I love the painting of the little fibro cottage, is it one of yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it gorgeous? Reminds me of Summer holidays. It's the present my other sister and I gave to Tess and Joe for their wedding.

      By Andrew Kelly – http://www.charleshewitt.com.au/artists/andrew-kelly/almost-with-you

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much for that, I will check out that link to Andrew pronto. I also meant to say how much I love your sister's thank you cards (she was a beautiful bride btw, as were you Imogen, all frocked up as her bridesmaid)

      Delete
  2. such lovely shots...little nora`s dress is so cute. sounds like a great way to spend a Saturday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nora's dress used to be worn by my sisters and I! (Love intergenerational hand-me-downs). It's pretty stained and the elastic around the wrists needs replacing ... but the collar and the smocking and the colour are so gorgeous.

      Delete
  3. I love that painting - and the thankyou cards look great - what a good idea!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is so beautiful here! Hope all is good with you - been a bit quiet on the blogging and visiting blog front recently, Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh such beautiful saturday doings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely images. Aren't sister's great? I love the thank you cards. x

    ReplyDelete