Monday, May 20, 2013

Puffing Billy
















Our little family of four (almost five), just spent four days visiting Melbourne, staying with close friends. It was my first trip to Melbourne since having children – there were no late nights in alley way bars or relaxed coffees in trendy cafés. Instead we discovered new places and adventures.

The highlight had to be Puffing Billy, an old steam train, manned by the happiest crew of volunteers I have ever come across. The Autumn scenery and crisp air of the Dandenong Ranges was absolutely magical. I've already decided we must visit again in the future.

8 comments:

  1. looks gorgeous (beautiful photos too!) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow...my kids would LOVE that train ride.
    Stunning photos.
    Claire x
    http://blog.scissorspaperrockdesigns.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous and stunning pictures ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's something about steam train rides, isn't there! Have you visited Lithgow's Zig Zag Railway? Also worth the trip. And I have to say I LOVE that toad stool shot - it's gotta be a fairy abode for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been to the Zig Zag railway since I was a child, another magical spot to visit, which Oscar would LOVE.

      Delete
  5. Oh how gorgeous, i have such fond memories of the Puffing Billy. Looks like you had a fantastic time. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went to Puffing Billy years ago! It was gorgeous, glad to hear you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooohhh, this is my neck of the woods! I'm meeting a friend in an hour at the Puffing Billy Park in Emerald! Lovely pics, haven't visited for a long time, glad to have found you again! xx

    ReplyDelete