Monday, April 22, 2013

Creativity

I haven't been painting or embroidering much for some time now.

This pregnancy has sapped my energy reserves, leaving little time for such pleasures. However, now that I'm somewhere around the halfway mark I can feel a little inspiration starting up again. It's taken longer than I expected this time, I daresay because I'm already chasing after Oscar and Nora.

Here are some recent creations and an awesome piece of inspiration. Hopefully I'll be doing a little more in the future, because I truly do enjoy making silly little things.



1 A quick teapot sketch – I was painting alongside Oscar.
2 A Japanese magazine/book (which as all the writing is in Japanese, it took a bit of googling to identify – I think it can be attributed to Naoko Shimoda). How wonderfully inspirational is that felt creation?
3 Some chunky chain stitch embroidery I'm working on occasionally (a prints charming panel).

12 comments:

  1. I know what you mean Imogen... I only have 1 babe and I find myself spent on time to create - so many ideas come and get tucked away somewhere in my brain for "later use"!! Japanese craft/art/sewing books are awfully beautiful and refreshing! And your teapot is positively lovely. I would very much like to purchase a print :) And I am looking forward to come creating-albeit-likey-chasing-after-our-wee-ones time in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My "for later use" list of ideas goes on forever, so many ideas, so little time. Ha! A print ... I'm not that organised, but it is just a sketch, I'll give you the original.

      Delete
  2. Your teapot painting is so pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, dear, I've been so slack lately in visiting blogs and I must have missed your news. Congratulations! How exciting for you all! I love your teapot and that embroidery is just beautiful, you are so clever x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Greer, as are you with your beautiful hats and delicious looking food!

      Delete
  4. Your teapot painting is beautiful ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's all so beautiful! Embroidering along the design lines of fabric-- that is really inspiring me, I love it! A whole children's books full of illustrations using that Japanese layered felting technique would be spectacular!...I too am trying to blend creating art & the art of creating a life with children because it's those "silly little things" that keep us going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love that sentence, 'the art of creating a life with children', I need to remember that sometimes because it certainly doesn't always feel like art! Well, maybe a chaotic, messy, disorganised artwork.

      So many ideas. It would be so lovely to create a layered felt childrens book. (:

      Delete
  6. Hello - thanks for stopping by. Gorgeous blog you have here. That chunky embroidery is so effective. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! i know what it feels like to not be getting to craft and art and creativity x

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a talent you are, that teapot is amazing as is the stitching, can't wait to see what other beautiful things you create. xxxx

    ReplyDelete