Monday, March 4, 2013

Goodbye Mane.


Master Oscar has almost always had a full thick head of hair. His fringe was forever flopping in his eyes, and always needed trimming. One day after a beach swim my dad announced it was a nuisance in the water and must be shaved off. Distracted, I may have just nodded. Two seconds later, I hear the clippers start! Oops.

My Oscar is a leo, and was a little surprised to have his mane removed. He spent some time looking at himself seriously, rubbing his hand over his head and declaring it a 'little bit spiky'. He was not very impressed. Poor Oscar. Weeks later, he is only just getting used to his new do. Although he is handsome every which way, secretly, I'm looking forward to it growing back.

8 comments:

  1. Aw, Oscar! I had hair like that once... I think he looks quite handsome x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How very brave – I've had short and boyish, but never shaved. I must say, it is nice to not have to brush his hair, certainly makes life easier.

      Delete
  2. curse that almost automatic nod of the head...hahaha.. it's gotten me into trouble more than a few times. I'm with you, I love the sweet floppy baby hair, so much so that my kids don't get their first hair cut til age 4..I just can't bear to see it go...but the ease of a newly shaven head, that is possibly the one redeeming factor. Still giggling over the head nod.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I wish I'd waited till he was four! But it is totally much easier. Much, much easier, no more bird's nests and less tears from shampoo.

      Delete
  3. Oh but he still looks so damn cute! I know that feeling though . Wishing you fast growth xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Of course, I also think he looks cute. But in an older, naughtier way. I don't know how, but I swear having no hair has made him cheekier, but maybe that's just my imagination.

      Delete
  4. we had to do it one year because a young man got that horrible "green gak" stuck in his hair and it needed cutting out - leaving a hole the size of China. Not good. He asked for a mohawk for a day and we obliged (looked dreadful and criminal" and then when we clipped it he looked so different I couldn't wait for it to grow back. Now I'm always hassling him to go to the hairdresser to maintain that mane! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. A mohawk. I'm sure Osc'll be asking for something similar one day.

      I actually think Oscar looks more criminal simply with a shaved head. All that long-haired innocence gone.

      Delete