Monday, October 22, 2012

This is my suburb: Marrickville Festival



In previous years, we lived on the same road as the festival. We have listened to stalls being setup along the street into the wee hours of the morning. We have awoken to the sound of magpies instead of our usual steady hum of traffic. I have wandered downstairs with Oscar in tow and walked down the centre of the road watching stall owners bring out their wares. Our entire day we would listen to the soundtrack of the festival, a steady hum of music and crowds.


This year the festival seemed much more subdued. I'm not entirely certain if it is because we moved away or if there really where less stalls, less crowds, less craziness.

Either way, I still enjoyed inviting friends and family around. I bought a handmade hat for Nora, some lovely honey and a secondhand basket (for only 50c) in which to store toys. And we ate the most delicious gozleme, of course.

4 comments:

  1. Nora's little face in that pic is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naturally I agree. I also love her little hand gripping onto my mum's shoulder.

      Delete
  2. Oh I LOVE a local street festival, we always attend ours and sometimes the simpler, the better. Gorgeous photos, I'm a sucker for those coloured flags blowing in the breeze, so pretty. Beautiful little hat on Nora :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, the simpler, the better. It really was lovely. There is something nice about celebrating your neighbourhood with everyone.

      Delete