Friday, October 12, 2012

Flowers for Friday: Dianella ... and we finally moved.


We moved last Friday, in the heat, so different from the freezing rain today. Although the move was a long time in the making, I was completely disorganised and there was a flurry of last minute packing. There is still so much to be done, in terms of unpacking, arranging, organising, decluttering.

I'm falling in love with our new home a little more every day, but I'll save that for another post.

In my past 10 or so internetless days, much more than just the move occured, so there are an awful lot of things I could be writing about here. Instead I thought I'd keep it simple and just share a photo of the pretty little native Dianella, which is flowering in the council strips along Sydenham Road.

I hope everyone has a warm weekend.

10 comments:

  1. Oh, that plant pops up in my yard sometimes. I always wondered what it was-- so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Welcome home.....to your new home :) If that makes sense :)
    Have a great weekend.
    x
    http://blog.scissorspaperrockdesigns.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect sense and it already does feel like home. (:

      Delete
  3. I'm sure you are just delighted to have moved into your new home ... I wish you and your family many, many happy years there ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bee. I hope we do spend many, many happy years here. Firstly because it is a beautiful little home and secondly because I really don't like the stress of moving!

      Delete
  4. congrats on getting moved in! i'm sure it's a big relief. and that flower is so simple and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a HUGE relief. It was all quite stressful. Now we're smiling.

      Delete
  5. woohoo, so exciting, cannot wait to have a tour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The process of moving is always way more involved than one anticipates. I haven't moved house for six years and feel thankful for that! That said, I send you very warm wishes as you create your new space and begin the next chapters in your new home x

    ReplyDelete