Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Waiting





Nora and I spent 5 hours waiting for appliances to be delivered for our new kitchen the other day. (The master Osc was having some Abuela time). We chatted, breastfed, slept and relaxed on the freshly sanded floor of my soon to be bedroom. Isn't she adorable? That hat was mine when I was little.

I admired the shadows as the afternoon light crept across our newly painted walls. I admired old borer marks on the baltic pine floor. Prior to sanding the floor was japan black, I had no idea the timber was so light, it is lovely. I look forward to seeing it oiled.

I've started a paper pieced patchwork. Not sure what it will become, but after the hearts, it is nice to keep up the hand sewing in the evenings. I will always love playing with pattern and colour and fabric.

ps I loved seeing the local cornersmith café through Luisa Brimble's eyes.

pps I'll show you the finished hearts, once we have moved in and they are hanging.

11 comments:

  1. Little Nora is def adorable Imogen. Nodoubt about that! I think it's lovely that she wears her Mum's childhood hat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has many hand-me-downs, from Oscar, from my sisters and myself and from friends babies. Hand-me-downs make me happy!

      Delete
  2. oooooohhhhhhhh Imogen thank you so very much for the link, so absolutely sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to … because your photos are beautiful.

      Delete
  3. Oh sweetie, your little one is just the cutest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh she is a total doll, beautiful little Nora. Sounds like you have some exciting changes going on in your home too, lovely! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do. The whole place had to be repainted, as it had severe smoke damage, so suddenly it is feeling very fresh and livable. Now we're on the home stretch, just some plumbling and benchtops and we'll be moving!

      Delete
  5. She certainly is adorable! I love when Ivy wears things that were mine when I was little too. Our house is in a similar state to yours at the moment and I can't wait to get to the fun part of the renovating where it starts to look pretty.. soon I hope!
    ps. Thank you for your nice comment on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nora is gorgeous! I popped up to Sydney the other day for a few odd jobs and had lunch with a friend at Cornersmith. Oh, why didn't it exist when I lived in Marrickville?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like you blog and just started following. It's great to read about other Aussie mums.

    ReplyDelete