Thursday, September 6, 2012

This is how we do art around here.

I lie. When I say we I mean Oscar. I don't draw only wearing my socks, on the kitchen table, at 630 in the morning. (Actually I haven't had much time to do any art at all recently, naked or otherwise).



Naturally this sudden onslaught of creativity has left me thinking that my child is a genius. I also think Osc is a genius when he correctly identifies the numbers in the lift, can almost spell his name (O. S. R. is almost), climbs really high things or strings more than three words together. Meaning I think he is a total wunderkind everyday. 

See the artwork in the top corner, Oscar told me what he was drawing as he did it. Road he said, then rock, biiiiiig rock. He always makes the word big, bigger with a very long vowel sound. Plane. Then road, rock, bunny, house all converged where there is the most concentrated colour. Later in the day I was reading him Home for a Bunny, when I realised (bar the aeroplane), that Oscar had drawn that entire narrative. Genius? Totally. My son the illustrator.

ps he recently had a proper haircut for the first time ever. 

4 comments:

  1. I love his little style of drawing! Cute! And I love it when children start to draw and know what they are drawing and you start to see what he sees.....Priceless.
    Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I told you how Pro Hart started to discover his artistic talent, you might be right that Oscar may be a genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww so gorgeous, love having a little artist around the place. And I think you might have a genius on your hands too...I sometimes think I have a couple of mad professors in my house also ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! naked drawing especially :)

    ReplyDelete