Friday, August 10, 2012

We went away

A couple of weeks ago, I could feel that I hadn't been leaving the apartment, the suburb, the bustle as often as I should have been. I found that Oscar was watching a bit too much tele, and I was, well I was spending a bit too much time here, on my laptop. I knew we had to go away, to a screen free place and run around. Explore. As silly as it sounds, I was craving a little reconnection with nature.


Other highlights – seeing a whale and her calf taking shelter in the bay and finding the satin bower bird bower, all surrounded by blue plastic, with a careful arrangement of wattle flowers at the entrance. Also, of course catching up with an old friend Cat, her beau Dave and my sis Aym.

7 comments:

  1. How lovely.
    I totally know what you mean about needing to get away for a break & change of scenery.
    We booked a weekend away this weekend - but had to cancel today, as my baby boy has a shocking fever & is not well :(
    x
    http://blog.scissorspaperrockdesigns.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a pity. Hopefully you get to take that holiday soon. And hopefully your son is recovers quickly. It can be so refreshing to get away. Im x

      Delete
  2. I too feel the need to get away from screens too, even if it's just to go for a walk and picnic.
    Ohh a bower bird bower, they are magical aren't they.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything felt a little magical, but bower bird bowers are especially so. I see you've had a little magic where you are living – snow – how exciting!

      Delete
  3. That picture is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes! So important to get out into the wide open fresh places! I love the image of Oscar yelling at the ocean too. Such a lovely blog; its so nice to "meet" you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that looks so lush. Even though our 4 children are aged 8-13, they still are at their best running free in open spaces. Just gorgeous, greetings from your newest follower (married to a boy from Summer Hill) love Posie

    ReplyDelete