Monday, August 27, 2012

The Fifties Fair

Yesterday Nora and I headed out to the beautiful tree-filled suburb of Wahroonga. We found a shady patch on the grass around Rose Seidler House, where we chatted and watched the immaculate beautifully dressed people pass by. I was expecting havoc and crowds, but in the end it was actually quite relaxing.

I didn't really take many photos, for some better pictures check out my sister's tumblr. (She went in the afternoon – after we'd left).

While we spent our morning there, Rodge and Oscar headed in the opposite direction to fill up on meat and dance to some candombe drumming at the Festival de Uruguay at Fairfield Showground. 

All in all, a lovely Sunday.






12 comments:

  1. I saw this advertised and would have loved to have gone... maybe next year.
    There must have been some beautiful clothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some very beautiful clothing. So many people get really into the spirit of the fair.

      Delete
  2. I love the pic of the Seidler family mail boxes.
    I dream of visiting Rose's house from afar. One day I'll get there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. love your Sister's pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pics. I read the fifties fair in the papers and it looks/sounds really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. tehehe I love that while you and Nora went to the fifties fair - Rodge and Oscar were doing much more "manly" things :) Also, I've always loved the 50s aesthetic, especially those full cut-on-the-bias skirts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a wonderful time.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh goodness, look at all that fruity colour!

    I've been trying to get into embroidery lately, wishing I had your skill!

    xo em

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exciting. Hope you share what you create.

      It isn't skill, just practice, patience and time. The time bit is the hardest, as that is the one thing you have no control over when you're looking after babies. Im x

      Delete
  8. Beautiful photos ... love those skirts ... looks like you both had a lovely day out ... I am so going to enjoy bringing my little girl to days like this, while her daddy and big brothers do boy things :) ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. just love that first picture. so fun to be surrounded by so much color.

    ReplyDelete