Thursday, August 23, 2012

Our new home: walls and windows

New walls and windows in the kitchen

Dulux Water Fern – colour choice for the study

Mess on our back porch

Lavender in the backyard

Slowly, slowly. Keeping us preoccupied. The waiting (for tradesmen, for progress, for resolution), is giving our days a stagnant feeling. I know I have to be patient, but persistent and we will get there.

I loved this post by Jodi – we are all sick cleansing right now. I'm off to buy some fennel for dinner. Using Emily's recipe.

PS I'm excited about the Sole Society Giveaway. I hope you have all entered.

4 comments:

  1. Having gone through some of our DIY renovations I know the feeling, albeit frustrations, of waiting for functioning spaces again! Your kitchen looks very promising, I love that high-window, and the fern-green for the study too. I've got a big fennel bulb in the fridge! I find the leaves a bit too strong, but the bulb has a glorious flavour; raw in salads, steamed, stir-fried, baked or roasted xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you liked the fennel recipe, im addicted!

    xo em

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, so in the end, what color did you go with? For me, I think the Dulux Water Fern seemed like a good choice. It would have been cool, relaxing to the eyes. And I love where the windows have been placed. It will surely help you save on your electrical bills. :)

    Regards,
    Marla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did paint the study Dulux Water Fern. It is perfect. It is the strongest colour we have used in the house. I like a bit of colour. The front of the house (bedrooms) is all different colours, the rear (living, laundry, bathroom, kitchen) is neutral (hog bristle quarter).

      Delete