Friday, August 24, 2012

Flowers for Friday: pink blossoms



I know I've already posted my anemone for this Friday, but I couldn't help but also add these blossoms and bees. You can feel the change towards Spring everywhere. The skies are clear and the wind is strong. I may be doing double flowers for friday posts all Spring!

Thinking of pink, Oscar has decided it is his very favourite colour. He threw a tantrum in the supermarket because I wouldn't buy the pink milk (skim milk has a pink label). He loved pointing at all the pink camellias at my mum's yesterday. This morning while dressing him I was chasing him round with a blue t-shirt which he was refusing to wear, when I pulled out a salmon pink stripey one from his wardrobe, he happily put it on. I think it is lovely that he has made up his mind and is not yet aware of silly societal differences placed on gender. If he likes pink, then he likes pink. I like pink to.

11 comments:

  1. I love photos of flowers. These ones are beautiful.
    It's funny how extreme little ones react to colour isn't it? (and big people too!) My little girl loves orange and yellow. I love pink too! I hope you have a beautiful weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, I love how blossoming trees (along with magnolias) are often the first wash of colour for the Spring season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True - the magnolias are gorgeous at the moment.

      Delete
  3. So pretty! I was just telling Stu last night I want a cherry blossom tree.

    So cute that Oscar likes pink too. He obviously has great taste. It's definitely my fav colour too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love blossom trees! I just bought a small little pink one last week and planted it in the front garden! I can't wait until it grows bigger and I can watch dogwalkers admire it as I sit inside so proud that it looks so good!
    Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely. I would totally be one of the dog walkers walking past to admire it. Actually, I'd probably stop and sneak some photos of it!

      Delete
  5. What beautiful pictures and what a beautiful blog ... just hopped over from Jo at Binds You to Me .. so glad I did .. just added you to my reading list ... Bee x

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are so beautiful.
    Love how Oscar loves pink too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi
    Just stumbled across your blog filled with beautiful things...
    Spring is my favorite time of year and i adore a cherry blossom..great images:-)...in the UK we're at the end of summer and I'm looking at apple trees bearing fruits and wondering which ones to plant next spring...you've helped me decide...we need a shot of pink!
    Have a lovely weekend and good to have found you, I'll add you to my list.
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How wonderful – apple blossom (and apples), just gorgeous.

      Delete