Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Dearest

Hello. Not so recently I've won the leibster award. Liebster means dearest in German. The award is given to blogs that have less than 200 followers as a way of raising their profile and giving encouragement. I'm feeling rather slack and ungracious, as I have been quite slow to respond. Better late than never!

Card from my great-great grandmother's scrapbook

I'd like to thank Shelley from four point four. Shelley lives in a small Australian country town, where she takes seriously lovely photos of her day to day life ...

and Jo from Binds you to me. Jo lives in Scotland, where she loves all things 1970's (from vintage pottery to fashions) and has the two most brilliantly red-headed children I've ever seen.

They both nominated me days from the other. Please take a peek at their lovely blogs.

Here are a few more captivating blogs, which if they choose can pass on the award:
a is for love
gypsy lou 
the boys and the birds

Enjoy surfing!

ps I don't think I've followed the leibster rules exactly here, but I figured it is mainly about sharing some love.

8 comments:

  1. Well deserved :-) Thanks for sharing more great blogs! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shucks, thank you. I love your photography and collections with smatterings of flowers by the way.

      Delete
  2. Your blog is very lovely and definitely deserves the award ... thanks for linking to other lovely blogs ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Isn't it? Makes me want to embroider some fictional butterflies.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for that lovely post. It certainly sums me up well! Checking out the other blogs too- great to have some new lovely links to check out. Hope your week is a happy one so far, Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats lady cake. Your blog is worthy indeed.

    Such an inspiring place to visit!

    xo em

    ReplyDelete