Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Embroidering hearts III



With the days getting shorter, colder, darker and sniffles and snuffles sweeping through my little family, I've found I've had less time to work on the hearts.

I've felt a little lost on this heart, so I've been throwing more and more colours and stitches at it, in the hope that somewhere I'd find a happy direction. Only now is it starting to look ok. As you can see it is unfinished, more blanket stitch, maybe a few more fly stitch leaves, the rest of the pekinese stitch and a bit more running stitch on the left side, then it will be complete. This is the halfway heart, once it is finished only four more to go.

We've been eating wholefood mama's lentil soup and drinking fresh thyme leaf tea (with a bit of lemon and honey), hoping to fight all the nasties away.

(Just read over that and laughed, I shouldn't make it sound quite so dire, the SUN IS SHINING and we spent the morning running around the park!)

ps the moon looks beautiful tonight.

8 comments:

  1. your embroidery is stunning. the colours are so happy. and yes the sun has been very kind to us the past couple of days. it's too cold out right now to go moon spotting...i'll take your word for it :) stay warm xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's still strange to me, how you have winter and we have summer (or something supposed to look like it). Although it's all logical, it puzzles me.

    Your embroidery is so, so beautiful, and although it looks complicated, it also seems like a lot of fun. So rewarding.

    Hope you all feel better soon! Being small and ill is no fun. Not being big and ill either, come to think of it.
    Lilli
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that feeling. It seems weird to me that so many blogs are discussing summer salads and icy poles, while I'm making mash and hearty lamb stew!

      We're all feeling better already. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. Ah your lovely hearts I do like to see your beautiful embroidery. Thanks for the link! glad you've been enjoying lentil soup, as you will read in my post tomorrow we are all sick too and have been savouring plenty of healing soup. Great too that you are enjoying the nut butter, really glad that turned out to be a helpful tip. It took me a while to find the creamed coconut, you could ask your local health food store to order it in they would probably find other customers would like it too. Happy hearting and healing xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nikki. I hope you all feel well soon. (I'm sure everyone in your family will recover quickly with your glorious cooking).

      Delete
  4. I love this creation Imogen, it's bright and beautiful and cheers up those Winter blues. We have had the lurgies here also, blah! One thing I love about Winter though, it's perfect for sewing and staying in xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet embroidery. I love all the pretty colours and lovely details in it

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely embroidery work! i'm glad that i found you :)

    ReplyDelete