Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Embroidering hearts

When my mum drops by, she always brings goodies; some old magazines to find inspiration, her pearl barley and lamb recipe, pink lady apples, socks and singlets for the babies, a thrifted tablecloth ... I could go on.

The other day it was an embroidery kit by Prints Charming. She handed the embroidery kit to me, saying, I thought you might like to make this for Nora. I laughed. I don't think I have time Mum. I started it while she was there anyways. She left me her stash of embroidery threads. And I've found, if you're enjoying something, you make time.

Like so many things I post here it is a work in progress –





The Floss Box taught me to embroider spiderwebs and needle weave.

View all the embroidering hearts.

14 comments:

  1. That is so sweet, I love all those bright colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that looks adorable. Look forward to seeing the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ... lol ... I better keep stitching and make sure I finish it!

      Delete
  3. Just gorgeous, Nora is very lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW, that looks so pretty. I love embroidery. And you are SO right, if it's something you love and enjoy, you squeeze time in... even if it's only half an hour a day... in six five minute lots, haha!
    Mama's are just wonderful like that, mine also always has something to bring or to give when we go to my parent's place, it's so special xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely fabulous hearts! Love your stitching and colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is unbelievable. I cant imagine the effort it is taking you but you are doing it! Amazing colours :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not too much effort – its more fun. I love your woollen jackets by the way.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful, your mum has lovely taste! I'd love to see a photo when it's completed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lady, I need to spend some time learning these things from you (and your mother)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. also, can you email me at ebeetleshack@gmail (dot) com I would like to ask you about something

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely work - got me thinking about what I can do with the floss box!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, lovely Imogen... just stumbled upon your blog via pinterest and your link there... you are one talented lady!

    ReplyDelete