Friday, May 25, 2012

Flowers for Friday: little succulent pots


Ok, so there aren't that many flowers this Friday.

On our balcony we have two old laundry tubs, which once upon a time were filled with succulents and cactus. Gradually weeds had taken over. I love the laundry tubs and I want to take them to our new house. I'm imagining them full of herbs on the back porch.

So I ventured out into the chilly Sydney sunlight the other morning, stripped back the weeds and uncovered some gorgeous little plants. Slowly I've been repotting them to transport them to their new home or gift them to friends. It is still a work in progress.





It was lovely to wake up to the rain this morning, knowing that they are all being watered into their new homes.


4 comments:

  1. Oh lovely! Succulents are amazing, they've always fascinated me... such clever life forms. Looks like you've given them lots of lovely TLC.
    I have a few in my garden, but I don't look after them near well enough, so they're also covered in weeds and leaves. When I eventually do the makeover on the yard, I'll set aside a nice pot for the succulents.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your succulents have a pretty little view there! They look very comfy in their new pots! And you have so many varieties! They look great! Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful day for pottering in the garden. Your succulents look very happy now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely succulents you are growing. I also have a few which I need to take a bit better care of.

    ReplyDelete