Monday, April 30, 2012

Sunday






My sister held a watercolour/gouache day on Sunday. It was such a lovely idea, to just hang with family and paint. Relaxing. We had the most beautiful selection of flowers and vases as subject matter. The stunning Autumn leaves in the blue vase are Crab Apple, which were a gift for Tess from Marrickville markets. The day also gave me the opportunity to use my brand new moleskine pocket watercolour notebook – a birthday present which I'm looking forward to filling. You can see my unfinished little sketch in the second last photo. The last photo shows Aym's work in progress.

Little Nora, already a month old watched proceedings from a corner. In the picture she is nestled under a lovely new crochet blanket made for her by her bisabuela (great grandma) and namesake, Nora. The pretty patchwork underneath was made for my sister by my mum.

The rest of my weekend was filled with looking after my two little crazies and snatches of gardening.

I hope everyone else had a weekend as lovely as mine.

3 comments:

  1. LIttle Nora is such a little cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your watercolour scene; its inspiring me to work with them a little this lazy sunday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete