Monday, April 16, 2012

Fire




This is what not to do to the beautiful jarrah kitchen in your new house – leave the vacuum cleaner plugged in. Apparently they can malfunction, overheat and burn the place down. And yes, that paint colour under the soot was a fresh coat of hog bristle quarter strength! Luckily no-one was hurt, as we hadn't actually moved in yet. And now it may be a little while longer until we move in ... in the meantime I shall continue the hunt for inspiring interior decorating bits and pieces.

3 comments:

  1. OMG - you forget how quickly these things can take off! Glad you're all safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Moly. How scary. Thank goodness you're all safe. What a nasty way to welcome in a new home :(
    I'm off to unplug our vacuum cleaner RIGHT NOW...which I leave plugged in {in the cupboard under the stairs} ALL.THE.TIME!!!!!! Ahhhh!
    I hope your renovations are quick and affordable {and insurance steps in!}
    x
    http://blog.scissorspaperrockdesigns.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the flashbacks from looking at your pictures! Paul took a bunch of pictures from our house but I can't look at them- far too grizzly. So fortunate that you guys weren't in the house, but what a way to start your home-owning journey!! i hope you're having fun with the renovations... I bet you've got lots of smoke alarms now!!!

    ReplyDelete