Thursday, January 19, 2012

Baby girl names

Oscar Graeme Ignatius (with papa's hands), less than 24 hours old. Photo taken by my sister Amy.

My girls name list is big and ever changing – there are just too many beautiful girls names out there! Here is what I have currently –
Adelaide
Celeste (my younger sister's name)
Clementine
Clover
Echo
Elke
Eve (my middle name, so a bit of cheating there) 
Fern
Flora
Harriet
India
Ines
Iolanthe
Lilian
Margaret (my Grandmother's name)
Nell
Nora (after my partner's Grandma)
Obelia
Opal
Pearl
Saffron
Sage
Thisbe
Xanthe

My partner's favourite combination is Nora Lilian Celeste, but I'm still mixing and matching ... we shall see.

And some beauties from the UK Telegraph (seriously go over there and have a look, this is just the tip of the iceberg!) –
Amelie Sparkle
Bali Evelyn
Daisy Honor Santa
Florence Mable Peace
Giulietta Ines Susanna
Holly Olivia Julia (her sisters are Saffron and Poppy!)
Isabelle Eleanor Dulcie
Jemima Venetia Antoinette
Persephonie Ella
Primrose Carole Enfys (nickname to be Posy)
Rosabelle Sophia Beatrice
Scarlett Sundquist Papillon
Varoushka Clementine Margo
Wilhelmina Rosamund Venetia

Other online places that are great for name ideas are nameberry and this British Baby Names blog.

2 comments: